- This event has passed.
The Catholic Doctrine of Creation: The Only Firm Foundation for a Culture of Life – Bloomington, IN
September 25, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
A Seminar Co-Sponsored by the Kolbe Center for the Study of Creation
and St. John the Apostle Catholic Church
Presenters: Hugh Owen, Founder and Director, Kolbe Center for the Study of Creation and Pamela Acker, M.S., Biology, author of Vaccination: A Catholic Perspective
- What is the traditional Catholic doctrine of Creation?
- How should Catholics evaluate the molecules-to-man evolutionary hypothesis?
- How do the answers to these questions relate to the anti-culture of death and the current crisis of faith and morals?
Where: St. John the Apostle Catholic Church, 4607 W State Road 46, Bloomington, IN 47404 - Call: (812) 876-1974
When: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday, September 25, 2021 (after 8 a.m. Holy Mass)
“May the work of the Kolbe Center be widespread and help to free the people of our days from the greatest myth of modern times”
+ Athanasius Schneider, Auxiliary Bishop of Astana, Kazakhstan
- 8:00 - Holy Mass
- 9:00 - 10:00 - The Traditional Catholic Doctrine of Creation: The Foundation of our Faith
- 10:20: 11:10 - "Evolution's Greatest Triumph": The Capitulation of Catholic Intellectuals to Theistic Evolution
- 11:30 - 12:30 Icons of Evolution: Part I (Pamela Acker)
- 12:30 - 1:30 - Lunch
- 1:30 - 2:20 - Icons of Evolution: Part II (Pamela Acker)
- 2:40 - 3:30 - Russia Will Spread Its Errors: The Negative Impact of Faith in Evolution on the Church and on the World (Hugh Owen)
- 3:30-4:00 - Questions and Answers
- Final Blessing